- Originally painted Dino Blue Metallic and sold through Italian Ferrari dealers:
- It is unknown when, but was exported to the U.S.
- In 1990, the car was offered up for sale at: "Classic Auto Sales" of Omaha,
Nebraska. The car had 33,000km on the odometer at that time.
- The car then went to Minnesota (date unknown).
- In August 2004, was purchased by Joseph Fischetti of California. In Joseph's words:
"This car was rescued from Minnesota, and no prior history was provided by the previous
owner. This little Dino is now happily residing in southern California, and shares a
garage with a C5 Corvette soft top. Both cars are living a pampered life, but neither
is a garage queen. Number 08140 was acquired in August of 2004 and driven to California.
The odometer passed the 62000 km mark when it arrived at it's new home. (a detailed
mechanical assessment was made by an experienced Ferrari technican and the mileage
is believed to be accurate). As the car is enjoyed, minor incidental cosmetic
resorations will be completed".
- In November 2004: "First (documented) Major Service, was completed by 'Eugenios
Ferrari Service' in Southern California. Besides the service, several miscellaneous
repairs were made to bring the engine back up to factory spec. The engine has also
been mechanically and cosmetically restored. Carb's were tuned and the car runs as
- As of February, 2005, the car has just under 64,000 KM. Eugenio's performed a
complete rebuild of the front brake system. They turned the rotors, fitted new pads,
new brake lines and replaced fluid.
- As of June, 2005, again, "Eugenios Ferrari Service" completed a rebuild of the rear
brake system, carburetors, cooling system and A/C system.
- In April 2007, Joseph sold the car to Mr. J. W. of Indiana.
- Unfortunately, in June 2007, the car was hit from behind, on the right-hand rear
corner. The repairs were done by: "Custom Cars Unlimited" in Chicago, Illinois. While
there, two rust spots on the wheelwells and two small cracks on the hood were
- In the beginning of 2008, 328 wheels were installed as well as an "X-OST"
- In the Spring of 2008, the owner rebuilt the suspension system, steering rack and
installed aftermarket "QA-1" shock absorbers (see above photo).
- In the Summer of 2008, the owner did the timing belt service and installed an
aftermarket ignition system (the distributorless "Electromotive" system).
- As of January 2009, the car has 80,000km on the odometer.