- Manufacture date: March 28, 1975
- Original exterior colour: Red, Rosso Ferrari 20-R-187
- Original Interior colour: Black leather, Pelle Nera VM 8500
- Engine type: F106A 040 Serial number # 01290
- Gearbox type: F106AL Serial number # 1306
- First delivered to the USA distributor, Modern Classic Motors (owned the by
famous car collector Bill Harrah, Reno, NV). Modern Classic Motors
3225 M?? Street
Reno, Nevada 89510, U.S.A.
- On November 18th 1975 delivered to Marque Motors, 139 W. Huntington Drive,
Monrovia, CA. The new price was $ 24,100. It was repainted Metallic red/ black
(Boxer paint scheme) and updated to series II specification by the dealer before
original sale as specified in Ferrari Bulletin #265, 266, 267 issued July 7th
Three days later sold to the first (unknown) owner.
- 1st Owner: Unknown
- 2nd Owner: Daniel V. / Machine Shop Owner
The second owner was Daniel V., owner of a Machine Shop in Santa Ana, CA. He
bought the car for $ 15,000. V. bought the car from a lady whose husband had
died and he said that the car was in a garage all covered in dust when he
purchased it. V. was racing in the Formula Atlantic Series.
- 3rd Owner: Richard M. / Attorney
On March 30th 1990 it was sold to Richard M., an attorney from Irvine, CA. The
car had driven 17,000 miles and the price was $40,000. M., who owned several
other Ferraris, had the car registered on plates “FFRRARI”.
- 4th Owner: William J. S. / Educator
On October 1st 1992, it was sold to William J. S., an educator and trust officer
from Seal Beach, CA. He bought the car for $ 26,000 with 23,997 miles on the
odometer. When S. bought it, the mechanics at Francorchamps of America told him
that the car was in good condition, but that it needed a major service. They
performed its first major service. S. painted the car himself, completely red
(red glassurit, code 330-396.4 / 30-198.3). S. has owned several other Ferraris,
including two Lussos, a 275 GTB and a 365 GT 2+2.
- 5th Owner: Robert W. Garven Jr. Exactly 26,453 miles and two years later
(yes, on October 1st 1994!) sold to its current owner, Robert W. Garven Jr., of
Ventura, CA. The car is registered with plates “TIFFOSI”. After becoming part of
the world famous FerrariList.com, Robert decided to start working on his car
himself, and with the help of the FerrariList friends, completed a four month
major service in July 2000. In 2001 he completely restored his AC/heating system
and completed a major suspension overhaul. In 2002 he replaced the clutch. His
life’s ambition is to make this Ferrari the best that he can and he really enjoys
working on this fine piece of Italian machinery! Robert was the drummer of the
famous heavy metal band “Cirith Ungol”.
- In the second photo above - taken by the Webmaster at Concorso Italiano 2004,
in Monterey, CA. - Robert and his wife accept a Silver award in the Cavallino
Classic Concours, held during the Concorso Italiano event.