- Original colour: Blue/Tan w. Blue carpets. Current colour: Red/Tan.
(most likely changed before Apr 12, 1996).
- First registered in Oldcastle Ontario, Canada on Aug 10, 1988 to P. M.
- Second owner G.B., from Caliber Automobiles, Toronto Ont. Registered on Jul 17, 1989.
- Third owner J.B. (Balan Motors in Kitchener, Ont.), Apr 22, 1992.
- Back to Caliber Automobiles on Nov 2, 1993, which sold later on Nov 11, 1993, registered
under the name: "Sterling Honda", Hamilton Ont.
- Fifth owner R.F., registered on Apr 12, 1996 Sarnia Ont. After R.F. purcahsed the car, he went
through minor body and mechanical restoration involving rust repair, re-spray, engine work
(2 cylinder sleeves, 5 pistons, 8 exhaust valves, new rings, 2 connecting rods, repaired front cylinder head,
repaired crankshaft, new valve seats in front cylinder head, etc.).
- Sixth and current owner G.V. (see his website in the "Links" page of this website), purchased
and registered the car on Mar 30, 2001. prior to purchase, the car received major mechanical work
(timing belts, valve adjustments, steering rack, re-cored radiator, coolant hoses, tie-rod ends
and wheel alignment, plus a tune-up).
- During 2001, G.V. corrected minor electrical problems (bad grounds), repaired front exhaust manifold,
- In 2002, G.V. did minor cosmetic work, installed Crane XR3000 ignition system, replaced all fuel
hoses (with original braided type), repaired front exhaust manifold, alternator, and rebuilt all
- In 2003, Rebuilt suspension (all bushings), repainted A-Arms, replaced rear wheel bearings,
cleaned/painted frame, re-plated all hardware, replaced brake hoses, rebuilt 4 calipers, repacked front
bearings, replaced CV joint boots and grease, re-plated CV joint HW, wheel alignment. Replaced master
cylinder (it is from a Dodge, as is half the booster housing), 4 new brake hoses, re-plated hand brake
mechanism. Replaced front exhaust header with stainless one from Superformance UK. Switched to
standard gear oil (now, no more gear grinding) Did about 8000 KM during that year (speedo out of order
since alternator blew in late 2002).
- G.V. describes his car as: "The car is part Series 1, part Series 2. E.g. wheels are Series 2,
fuse box is Series 1. It is a true Euro car (not US modified to be Euro). All badging is Dino except an
additional Ferrari script on the trunk lid and a too large Cavalino Rampante on RH side of rear license plate.
Euro license plate mounting holes are welded over on the rear, plugged in rubber bumper surround
on front. The car did get a vertical Ferrari badge on the front at one time but those holes are
now plugged. The rebuilt suspension did wonders for drivability. Interior is poor, all original vinyl and
it is ripping. Dash is perfect however. Door pockets were hacked at some time to put bigger speakers in.
Radio doesn't work nor will it be repaired! I get all the music I need by opening the passenger window!
I have NOS Tan floor mats to replace the nylon stuff that was put in when the Blue carpets were replaced".